Helping you to take steps to a safer and healthier environment!
Designed to ensure that all employees are aware of their own safety and the safety of customers, contractors and the public. This qualification can be tailored to business and individual needs to make the learning experience relevant and fit for purpose.
Anyone in a work environment.
Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Nevertheless employees also have a vital part to play in the equation. They need the right knowledge and the right attitude which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks.
Understand the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
Ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
Anyone in a work environment.
While employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions, employees need to understand their own responsibilities and must receive proper training in the basics of health and safety.
Course learning outcomes
- Understand the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
- Reduce overall costs
- Provides consistent delivery of content
- Self-paced learning and ondemand availability provides flexibility for the student
- Increase learner engagement
- Deliver convenient, personalised and responsive training
- Reduce your environmental impact
- Mix of illustrations and photographs to keep learners engaged
- High quality video demonstrations to bring learning to life
- Detailed animations to help communicate content
- Interactive games, learning activities, recap sessions and Q&A exercises
- End of course test
This qualification has been designed to provide a simple and concise update of health and safety to candidates holding the CIEH Foundation Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace..
All candidates who have taken the Health and Safety in the Workplace are recommended to take a refresher course three years after completion.
- Refresh candidates’ knowledge of health and safety
- Complete the CIEH Foundation Health and Safety in the Workplace qualification portfolio
- Encourage best practice within the workplace
Understand responsibilities placed on employers and their employees
Appreciate how individuals can take a personal responsibility for health and safety
Understand the importance of health and safety procedures, systems and rules
Appreciate the effect that workplace equipment and task design can have on health and safety
This qualification provides a thorough understanding of health and safety emphasising the importance of monitoring staff and controls. It also details the need for a structured management approach to health and safety and the key factors in implementing health and safety policy.
Everyone working in a supervisory position.
Accidents and illness can result in disability, death or incapacity for work. The supervisor is in an ideal position to influence, monitor and train employees. They can also ensure that managers are informed, persuaded, encouraged or pressured into providing for better health and safety standards.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main concepts of health and safety
- Show awareness of the benefits of health and safety culture
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of individuals, supervisors and management in health and safety
- Demonstrate an understanding improvement strategies available to supervisors
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org