Helping you to take steps to a safer and healthier environment!
(Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
This qualification complements the Health and Safety in the Workplace by introducing candidates to the inherent risks in substances and the controls available.
Designed for those responsible for the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) at work, as well as employees who use hazardous substances in manufacturing, cleaning, healthcare, transport, utilities and offices.
This qualification will prepare employees to contribute to the safer use of hazardous substances in cooperation with their managers and supervisors.
- Identify the hazards associated with those substances
- Identify the risks and controls available to deal with the substances
- Identify what to expect from a COSHH assessment
Ability to contribute both to the maintenance of a safe work environment and to the process of formal risk assessment
Understand the principles of risk assessment including;
- hazards, risks and control measures
- the five steps of risk assessment
-the hierarchy of control
-risk assessment review and record keeping
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org